Try this brilliant fig, lucuma powder and cashew nuts bars for easy on-the-go energy on your next ride…
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 320g (2 cups) unsulphured dried figs
- 310g (2 cups) unsalted raw cashew nuts
- 60g (½ cup) sultanas
- 30g (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
- 40g (¼ cup) linseeds
- 2 tbsp 100% Raw Organic Lucuma Powder
- Trim the fig stalks, place the figs in a bowl, cover with water and set aside for 1 hour.
- Drain the figs and place all the ingredients apart from the 100% Raw Organic Lucuma Powder in a food processor or blender and blend. Add the lucuma powder and blend until totally combined.
- Bring the mixture together, then roll out into a large rectangle until about 1cm thick. It will be quite sticky.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up, then neatly slice into bars roughly 3.5cm x 10cm and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.