Continually consumed, makes your body light and young, lengthens your life and turns you into one like the immortal who never dies.
Reishi Mushroom is perhaps the most beloved of all precious foods. Called Ling Zhi, “The Mushroom of Spiritual Potency” in Traditional Chinese Medicine, it holds its place as an essential ingredient in a healthy life.
The Chinese have traditionally claimed that Reishi promotes calmness, centeredness, balance, inner awareness and inner strength. They have used it to improve meditative practices and to protect the body, mind, and spirit so that the adept could attain both a long and healthy life.
Reishi’s first detailed description was written in Shen Nong’s Pharmacopeia, a book attributed to the legendary herbalist-emperor Shen Nong (Han Dynasty, 206 B.C.~ 8 AD). Reishi was classified by Shen Nong as a superior herb that may be taken continuously without side effects. A “superior herb” was defined as a substance that serves to maintain life, causes no side effects by continuous use, and promotes radiant health and long life by helping to harmonize the functions of the body, mind, and spirit. Images of Reishi Mushrooms are prolific throughout ancient Chinese Culture and are joyfully presented by a wonderful cast of revered legendary characters, Taoist Sages and Buddhist Bodhisattvas.
Reishi is one of the most potent adaptogens available to modern society. Adaptogens are those herbs and substances that increase the body’s resistance to stress and help it overcome all health challenges more quickly. Adaptogens are defined as substances which positively support the body to reduce or increase the body’s actions as appropriate. Reishi is believed by Japanese and Chinese researchers to have a regulatory effect on the immune system, raising immune function in cases of immunodeficiency and reducing the excesses associated with auto-immune conditions.
The Reishi mushroom is found in nature on plum trees. However, it is extremely rare and almost impossible to find in this manner. For this reason, it was deemed as priceless and only consumed by royalty in China and Japan for thousands of years.
Reishi is the most studied natural substance on earth and science continues to show up remarkable functions its active ingredients products:
- Anti-allergic activity
- Bronchitis-preventative effect, inducing regeneration of bronchial epithelium
- Antibacterial, against Staphylococci, Streptococci, and Bacillus pneumoniae (perhaps due to increased immune system activity)
- Antioxidant, by eliminating hydroxyl free radicals
- Antitumor activity
- Antiviral effect, by inducing interferon production
- Lowers blood pressure
- Enhances bone marrow nucleated cell proliferation
- Cardiotonic action, lowering serum cholesterol levels with no effect on triglycerides, enhancing myocardial metabolism of hypoxic animals, and improving coronary artery hemodynamics
- Central depressant and peripheral anticholinergic actions on the autonomic nervous system reduce the effects of caffeine and relax muscles
Key active constituents:
- Beta and hetero-Beta-glucans (antitumor, immunostimulating)
- Ling Zhi-8 protein (anti-allergenic, immuno-modulating)
- Ganodermic acids triterpenes (anti-allergenic agents, cholesterol, and blood pressure reducing)
Reishi is a very potent immune system and longevity tonic. Traditionally used to “nourish the heart and pacify the spirit” it has also been found to have numerous other health benefits, including:
- Liver protective
- Regarded as one of the most potent Shen tonics
- Improves circulation
- Protective against radiation, free radicals, and other environmental stressors
- Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fatigue, and anti-stress
The once extremely rare and precious Reishi Mushroom is now cultivated with superb results. This means that more people than ever people can experience consuming Reishi. Tribe uses a wonderful blend of different Reishi species from Japan to create a full-spectrum mycoproduct with all the naturally occurring anti-bacterial, anti-viral, immune modulating, and blood pressure regulating properties that Reishi has been known for throughout its long history.
Tribe Reishi Mushroom Powder is organic, vegan, raw and naturally gluten- and dairy-free. Organic means the mushrooms are grown without the application of petrochemical fertilizers or chemical pesticides, and are non-GMO and non-irradiated. The absence of all these elements speaks to the purity of the product. Tribe Reishi Mushroom Powder contains no artificial colours, preservatives, sweeteners or fillers.
Enjoy our Reishi Mushroom Powder in smoothie or use it as a superfood seasoning for your savoury dishes.